Digital Infrared Proximity Sensor
General purpose NPN output infrared sensor that offered up to 30cm sensing distance.
General purpose NPN output infrared sensor that offered up to 30cm sensing distance. It can be used at an automation machine, a mobile robot for obstacle detecting. it is a non-contact detection.
The implementations of modulated IR signals immune the sensor to the interferences caused by the normal light of a light bulb or the sunlight. The sensing distance can be adjusted manually.
- Diffuse reflective type
- Light source: Infrared
- Sensing range up to 30cm
- Input voltage: 6-36VDC
- NPN output
- Dimension: 1.6cm (D) x 6.7cm (L)
Results from our test:
- 5V can be used to power, maximum detection distance is ~20cm
- 12V, maximum dectection distance is ~ 60cm
- 30V, maximum dectection distance is ~ 80cm
- All above test is using Cytron’s white box as an obstacle, in our lab.