SparkFun Indoor Air Quality Sensor – ENS160 (Qwiic)
The SparkFun ENS160 Indoor Air Quality Sensor is a digital multi-gas sensor solution with four sensor elements that can be used in a wide range of applications
The SparkFun ENS160 Indoor Air Quality Sensor is a digital multi-gas sensor solution with four sensor elements that can be used in a wide range of applications including building automation, smart home, and HVAC. The independent hotplate control allows the detection of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) including ethanol, toluene, hydrogen, and oxidizing gases with superior sensitivity. The ENS160 supports intelligent algorithms to process raw sensor measurements on-chip. These algorithms calculate CO2-equivalents, TVOC, air quality indices (AQIs), and perform humidity and temperature compensation, as well as baseline management, all on-chip. Raw sensor measurements can be read for further customization.
The ENS160 from ScioSense is a digital multi-gas sensor consisting of four independent heaters and gas sensor elements based on metal oxide (MOX) technology and a controller. TrueVOC® air quality detection provides outputs such as eCO2, TVOC, and AQI in compliance with worldwide IAQ standards.
Along with the plug-and-play Qwiic connectors, both I2C and SPI functionality have been broken out to 0.1″-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
Note: The default I2C address of the ENS160 is 0x53 and is jumper selectable to 0x52.
- Uses I2C interface (Qwiic-enabled)
- I2C Addresses: 0x53 (Default) or 0x52
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
- Operating voltage range
- VDD: 1.71-1.98V
- VDDIO: 1.71-3.6V
- Typically 3.3V if using the Qwiic cable
- Wide operating ranges
- temperature: -40 to +85°C
- humidity: 5 to 95%5
- IAQ standard compliance for AQI, eCO2, and TVOC
- Immunity to humidity and ozone
- Superior output stability over the whole T and RH operating ranges
- Effective ozone compensation
- Independent sensor heater control for highest VOC selectivity and outstanding background discrimination.