SparkFun High Precision Temperature Sensor – TMP117 (Qwiic)
The SparkFun Qwiic TMP117 breakout is a high precision temperature sensor equipped with an I2C interface.
The SparkFun Qwiic TMP117 breakout is a high precision temperature sensor equipped with an I2C interface. It outputs temperature readings with high precision of ±0.1°C across the temperature range of -20°C to +50°Cs with no calibration and a maximum range from -55°C to 150°C. The SparkFun High Precision Temperature Sensor also has a very low power consumption rate which minimizes the impact of self-heating on measurement accuracy. Utilizing our handy Qwiic system, no soldering is required to connect it to the rest of your system. However, we still have broken out 0.1″-spaced pins in case you prefer to use a breadboard.
The SparkFun High Precision Temperature Sensor also includes programmable temperature limits, and digital offset for system correction. While the TMP102 is capable of reading temperatures to a resolution of 0.0625°C and is accurate up to 0.5°C, the on-board TMP117 is not only more precise but has a 16-bit resolution of 0.0078°C!
To make this breakout even easier to use, we’ve written an Arduino library to help you get started “Qwiic-ly.” Check the Documents tab above for more information.
- Uses I2C interface (Qwiic-enabled)
- Four selectable addresses
- 0x48 (default), 0x49, 0x4A, 0x4B
- 16-bit resolution, 0.0078°C
- High accuracy, digital temperature sensor
- ±0.1°C (max) from –20°C to 50°C
- ±0.15°C (max) from –40°C to 70°C
- ±0.2°C (max) from –40°C to 100°C
- ±0.25°C (max) from –55°C to 125°C
- ±0.3°C (max) from –55°C to 150°C
- Operating temperature range
- -55°C to +150°C
- Operating voltage range
- 1.8V to 5.5V
- Typically 3.3V if using the Qwiic cable
- Low power consumption
- 3.5µA (1-Hz conversion cycle)
- 150nA (shutdown current)
- Programmable operating modes
- Continuous, one-shot, and shutdown
- Programmable temperature alert limits
- Selectable averaging for reduced noise
- Digital offset for system correction
- NIST traceability